Forensic accounting Dallas has increased in both need and general popularity over the
years. Forensic accounting is used in a variety of places including Ponzi schemes, corporate
corruption, and financial scandals. It is certainly an interesting industry to say the least. Below
are a few fun facts about forensic accounting Dallas that you may or may not be familiar with
- Forensic accounting can sometimes also be referred to as fraud examination accounting.
- Forensic accounting is often broken down into two main categories including
investigation/dispute resolution and litigation support.
- The capture and case of Al Capone put a spotlight on forensic accounting in which the
industry began to grow.
- Many forensic accountants also become CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner).
- Expert witnesses such as forensic accountants are in high demand. This is often because
they can make or break a case. Judges will often give significant weight to the testimony
of an expert witness.
- The more fraud that occurs the greater the demand for forensic accounting grows.
- Forensic accounting is used in civil, criminal, and even family law cases. However, the
most common use of forensic accounting is seen in divorce cases.
- Technology has made fraud even easier to commit therefore increasing the need for
forensic accountants. Technology has also changed the way investigators have to track
- Forensic accountants are often not involved in a case until suspicious activity has
already been noted.
If you are in need of a forensic accountant in the Dallas area, we are here to help.